Casing heads are used for sealing of the biggest casing (conductor) in wellhead and for hanging of the second casing
- Casing head body – forged type, material as per API 6A requirements
There are two types of body-conductor joint:
Welding. For the testing of the welding joint there is a special threaded port.
- Upper connection – API 6Aflange.
- Side outlet connection: threaded ports for nippels.
- Two types of hangers provide the reliable hanging of casings. The hanging of the casing is made before the edging of the casing top.
The reliability of primary seal of annular clearance between the head and the casing is provided with elastomer seal operationable at working pressures up to 10 000 psi and working mediums with content of H2S and C02 up to 25% each.
The sealing of the annular clearance is provided by means of loading of the elastomer seal upon the tightening of the hanger screws (for type I and type II hangers), or by means of slanting of external and internal edges of the elastomer seal (for type IV hangers).
The casing heads are supplied with operational documentation which includes design description, installation requirements, operation manual, hydrostatic test protocol and material specifications.
Casing Heads, type I and type II, Technical Data
|Top flange nominal size||Casing sizes||Inside through diameter||Dimensions|
|inches-psi-N of gasket||mm||mm||mm||mm||mm||mm||mm|
|13 5/8-2000-R 57||324||304||560||405||458||320|
|13 5/8-3000-R 57||245||324||304||610||432||457||317|
|16 3/4-3000-R 66||324||426||385||705||510||467||290|
|13 5/8-5000-BX 160||245||324||304||675||481||457||317|
|13 5/8-3000-R 57||245||324||314||610||432||500||335|
|16 3/4-3000-R 66||324||426||406||705||515|
|13 5/8-3000-R 57||245||324||304||610||432||457||310|
|16 3/4-3000-R 66||324||429||385||705||510||467||290|
Casing spools are used for sealing and hanging of casings.
- Casing spool body – forged type, material as per API 6A requirements.
- Top and bottom connections – API 6Aflanges.
- Side outlet connections – API 6A flange type with threaded port for installing of the valve removal tool.
- There are two types of slip hangers which are installed inside the spools.
- The reliability of the secondary seal is provided by means of U-shaped elactomer seal installed in the spool bottom flange where the special ports are made for injecting of the sealing paste to secondary seal. The secondary seals are operationable at working pressures up to 15 000 psi and in working mediums with content of H2S and C02 up to 25% each.
- There are two types of secondary seals provided:
а) single, type I
б) double, type II
For monitoring of secondary seals leakproofness there is a special port with valve in spool bottom flange.
- The casing spools are supplied with operational documentation which includes design descriptioninstallation requirements, operation manual, hydrostatic test protocol and material specifications.